Laws of the Crown
- Acquire a Burger King® crown from your local Burger King® (don’t have one? You can’t play!)
- Whoever places the crown on his/her head first, then in a loud voice proclaims, “I am the King!” is from that moment forward, in charge. Rule ends if crown is removed (see Coup d’etat). Crownings can happen anywhere, at anytime.
- There can only be one King.
- The King always gets his/her way.
- The King must speak with some kind of cool accent.
- The King makes all the important decisions governing selection of t.v. channels, movies, radio stations, as well as popular activities like snowboarding, pool hopping, and cow tipping (hahaha! Mooooo! hahahaha!). The King also determines who gets the remote, who rides “shotgun” and, of course, who pays.
- Rule ends when crown is removed for more than 3 seconds. (See Three Second Law)
- Disagreement with the King results in a “penalty”. This is decided by the King. Common penalties include: forfeiture of fries, surrender of video game controller and banishment from office cubicle.
Three Second Law
The King’s rule ends when crown is removed from their head for any reason, accidental or otherwise. The first person to exclaim, “One… Two… Three… King” may claim the crown.
In the Event of a Tie
If two people crown themselves King simultaneously, the person whose birth date is closet to December 4, 1954 (date of the first Burger King® restaurant opened) is King.
If everyone agrees you completely suck as King, your rule may be renounced. This constitutes a Coup d’etat. A new King may be crowned if the group can reach a unanimous decision. If not, the Three Second Law applies.
If you are eating in a Burger King® restaurant, your rules extends all the way to the edge of the parking lot. Off restaurant grounds, your rule extends to a radius of 10 feet around you in any direction.
Warning: The Burger King® crown is made of paper. Your rule may end prematurely if crown is exposed to water and/or flame.
Rosie says, “This is not Burger King® you skank!”
The Blogger Rules of the Traveling Burger King® Crown
Okay so back in the day Aka, Rosie & I had a group in Second Life® called the “Burger King Skanks”. We had gestures, and KO even made us props (BK® bag, Whopper, etc). Rosie came up with an idea of us to play a game called “the Traveling Burger King® Crown” which is just a spin on Aka’s “… says “Hi!” (see Flickr). We take the crown & text pictures to flickr & eachother’s cell phones of places we’ve put the crown around where we live (New York, California & Kansas). We’ll also be keeping track of it with our blogs. So now when you see it on here you won’t be tote confused. You can join in the fun too, just go get your crown, take pics & blog it! C’mon Chestnut, Aly & Cierra, you know you wanna. :p