1) I have travelled to 27 countries to date: USA, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Trinidad & Tobago, Panama, El Salvador, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Czech Rep, Hungary. (If Vatican City counts then 28 )
2) I am the oldest of 7 siblings, and I am still very close to all of them. Ironically, I may be closest to the youngest who is 18 years younger.
3) I am extremely competitive at anything and everything that can be measured.
4) I have learned the hard way that money does not buy you happiness.
5) I am drawn to people who have a passion for living and doing no matter how odd their hobby or interests.
6) I started working at the age of 12 mowing lawns, and have been working ever since.
7) My father put me to work in a beef-packing plant at the age of 18 to “learn the value of my education.”
8) I wrote a senior thesis on the African-American influx into Kansas following the Civil War – a group that was known as the Exodusters.
9) I was a history major in college even though I can never remember names or dates, but I really love good stories and the best stories are often real.
10) I have a habit of getting really excited about something for a while, but once I figure it out I get bored and never do it again.
11) I would say the adjectives most often attributed to me by others are probably things like stubborn and/or cocky.
12) I am typically optimistic, and I always try to put a positive spin on things, but at times it is impossible, and those times are very depressing.
13) I try to laugh and joke and goof around as much as possible, because humor is one of my favorite things.
14) My toes are double jointed (so I can pick things up quite easily with them) and I had 6 wisdom teeth instead of four, so by many standards I am an evolutionary regression.
15) My parents moved a lot when I was growing up as my dad was promoted through different positions. At one point in my life, I was in 6 different schools in 5 years.
16) I have a downright fetish for ice-cream. Jell doesn’t seem to understand the compulsive need to go get a chocolate milkshake even though it is below freezing outside.